Walnut Raisin Cookie (grain free, paleo, vegan, low starch)
- 1 cup almond butter**
- One “flax egg” = 1 Tablespoon ground flax + 3 Tablespoons hot water (or use 1 farm egg)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Set oven to 350*F.
- Mix ground flax and water together in a bowl. Mix in vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, then add in coconut sugar, almond butter, and last stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Form into small balls (about the size of 1 + 1/2″Tablespoon each), spread out on parchment paper, giving plenty of room, as cookies will flatten out and expand during baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool before moving off of cookie sheet. They will hold together well once fully cooled.
*If you like a sweeter cookie, bump the coconut sugar up to a total of 3/4 cup – Or you can use 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup, but I prefer the chewy texture you get when using coconut sugar!
*You can omit the ground flax + water and use just one farm fresh egg instead.
** You can make this nut free by using sunflower butter instead of almond butter and omitting the walnuts. Just don’t be alarmed if you end up with green cookies, as the sunflower butter reacts to the baking soda and turns green. Still safe to eat and they will taste the same, they are a bit odd looking!